What to expect.
The most important thing to do is to try to enjoy yourselves! Even if you are a little nervous, a little shy, don’t know what to do with your hands….All of that is COMPLETELY normal and understandable. My job is to help you feel comfortable, and your only job is to have as much fun as you can.
Now, to answer the practical questions:
RAIN. If it looks like rain, we’ll reschedule. I check the weather the evening before our set day.
LOCATION. We’ll visit a few different spots within a short walking radius.
TIMING. Our shoot will last about 1-2hrs.
POSING. I will give you some gentle direction and will also keep you moving and interacting with each other.
PROPS. Unless you are set on it, I prefer not to use props.
WHAT to WEAR:
- Wear clothes that feel like you. Now is not the time to wear something out of your comfort zone.
- Semi-comfortable shoes are a must – we will be walking.
- Please don’t wear matching outfits. Please.
- If in doubt, err on the side of casual, as it tends to look more relaxed.
- Think solid, neutral colors (pastels are fine too) instead of busy prints. (If you have a fabulous print you want to wear, just do it, because rules are made to be broken.)
- Make sure your outfits work for the season and location of your photos (i.e. no stilettos on the beach or bare arms in the snow).
- Accessories are awesome, but only if they are your thing. Stick to one or two.
- When in doubt, think classic, rather than trendy.
- You only need one outfit.
- Ensure your clothes fit properly and flatter your assets.
- Make sure your nails are clean, and do a teeth check just prior to our shoot.
- And please take everything out of your pockets. If you like, bring a little bag along, and I can mind it while we shoot.
- For winter/fall: layer cozy knits, don’t be afraid to wear a coat, and make use of winter accessories.
- Here’s a pinterest board for some inspiration.
IMAGES. After our shoot, it will take me about 3 weeks to get you your photos, and you can expect to receive 45-65 total images.